Welcome SU Basketball Fans

Some humorous and insightful progress of our Seattle U Men's Basketball team from a rabid alumus- Season four in return to Division I


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Willy and the Wolverines are back at the Key

Utah Valley invades KeyArena tonight Feb 9th at 7:10 pm and it's not looking pretty.  UVU is 14-9 and 6-1 atop the Great West Conference.  In the last meeting in Orem Utah SU was dredged 89-73...but we played much the same team last year and downed the Wolverines 74-64...but this years Redhawk team is minus 3 starters and a red headed long ball shooter.  Regardless, it's a home game for SU and there should be a good crowd.  I already had to apologize for slightly trashing Will the Wolverine who puts shame to Rudy the Redhawk as in my couple of previous blogs so I really don't want to have to bow down to him again, although I have a great respect for Willy (you should 'you tube' him) he sky dives, wake boards and dunks off a trampoline. I won't even go there with Rudy.

The key to the game is going to be for SU to get off to a good start and not go into their proverbial 'sink hole' in the opening minutes for my heart is going to fail if I have to witness another 10 point deficit mid first half - lets ski down the mountain rather than try and cross country ski up the mountain - PLEASE.  The Redhawk defense is so ferocious that if it can just get early baskets then they for once in a long time they can have control - you with HIBSIQ know this - for thos of you with an IQ of 6 it means in lay terms - get a lead early and play good defense!

I'll be looking for the refs at tip off and if I see that "jack wagon" who did the Portland game I am going to go ballistic on him.  Yeah, I know this blog is not very inspirational or insightful today. Sometimes you have to wait for the chips to fall before one gets inspiration.  I have mixed feelings about this game and my hope, of course, is at the final buzzer I can stand on the court and clap and yell "Shove it Willy!"

Tip off at KeyArena 7:10 broadcast on KIRO 710 ESPN with my buddies Dave Grosby & Gary Hill and don't forget the pregame rally at 5:30 in the Center Pavilion (you can even meet the guy that writes this crap) and also tune in to the Cameron Dollar show (if you don't know who Cameron is then there is no hope for you) every Monday live at Jimmy's on Broadway 8 pm with the Groz & Gary Hill.

Go Seattle U!

Seriously  Rudy, get it together tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment