Welcome SU Basketball Fans

Some humorous and insightful progress of our Seattle U Men's Basketball team from a rabid alumus- Season four in return to Division I


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Little kid on the block did good!

UW 95 SU 74 round three.  This is Isabella most likely groaning in pain as Matthew Bryan-Amaning dunks in front of me. I put the game on FSN for my dogs to watch as I was, yes, in the front row live. 

Little independent SU fared well in all areas except for the win column.   11,386 people, a respectable score and great student turnout and hustle on the court by all the Redhawks made this a great city event.  Even the Mayor was there!

Now I am a little groggy for the 'Redhawk' faithful continued through the night well into the wee hours of the morning, also in tow was my Husky friend - who I was able to swat with my "SU Rally Towel" many times as my favorite tactic to beat down my Husky friend decked out in purple in the first half.  Yet, I do have a large bruise on my right shoulder from his slaps witnessing many shots like the one below by the Dawgs.

All in all as the papers reported, as the fans held strong and as I said a game reuniting two kids in the sandbox after being separated for so many years - this intercity rivalry is growing and will continue to grow and it will be good for the schools and good for the city.

 "Ouch, not another dunk over my Redhawks," says Isabella. Have to admit though, those dunks were pretty amazing sitting in the front row!

Love my Redhawks!  You made us proud last night.

Next up Cal State Bakersfield Feb 26th back on the road again - hear it live on KIRO ESPN AM 710 ESPN with Groz and Gary Hill.

Isabella and I will do a scouting report after we recover from our hangover.  Wear Red, Scream Loud and Be Proud

1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth, I believe we were getting swatted in that picture, not dunked on! There was quite a bit of both going on last night -

    ReplyDelete