Welcome SU Basketball Fans

Some humorous and insightful progress of our Seattle U Men's Basketball team from a rabid alumus- Season four in return to Division I


Sunday, January 1, 2012

Patience People

We are tired of losing!!
It was The Elgin Baylor Classic and my Redhawks made it to the championship game and we lost to San Jose State.  So my beloved Hawks are now 3 -9 and I am pissed (I can say that for this is my blog). Usually after the game we go to Buckleys bar and hang with alumni, instead I went to the Key Arena Garage and got on the phone to former SU Coach and child hood friend Joe Callero and talked for three hours...yes three hours.  Joe for some reason always has a sense of perspective that always stuns me.  I am Cameron Dollars biggest fan and supporter, but our offense is stale and boring.  Seattle University entered into this Division I program for a return to dominance because I see and talk to legends like Elgin Baylor, John Tresvant, Ernie Duston, Eddie Miles and of course Johnie and Eddie O'Brien that built this program - yes at a point in time it was the only game in town and it needs to return to the only game in town. This is one of the most athletic team SU has had in years and trust me I have been the Sports Editor for the Spectator back in the 80's and sat in the stands for 20 years watching teams play - we have to shoot the ball and stop be boring because next year as the ref said to me "Welcome to the WAC"  Happy New Year to the Redhawk Nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment